Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Before It's Too Late

Today is National Love Your Body Day.  Well, that's a tough one for me!  But, I will give it a shot because yes, there are things that I can love about my body.

1.  I have killer legs from the knee down! (This is supposed to be positive stuff so I won't mention my thighs!) I love my small ankles!
2.  I can run up to 6 miles without stopping to walk.
3.  I rarely get sick!  Not even a cold so I have an awesome immune system.
4.  I wake up most everyday feeling good - it's actually almost unbearable for me when I don't feel good.
5.  I have pretty hazel eyes.
6.  I have aged relatively well.
7.  I have a brain that is actually smarter than I give it credit for.  4.0 in my Masters program.
8.  I have a lot of energy and stamina.  I move fast all the time.

That is all I can think of right now......I'm sure the list would be longer if it was what you didn't like.
This was interesting for me because I usually don't think of the positive, I focus on 'what I am NOT, not what I am too often.
Someone on another blog said they were proud of their flaws, because they made her unique.  I like that!  I don't embrace the flaws at all...they glare at me.
I will not be able to conquer my food issues till I embrace who I really am......big thighs and hips included.  I know being thin will not make me happy so I press on trying to accept what I am and enjoy it before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment