Sunday, October 24, 2010

I am what I eat!

This just doesn't seem to sink in with me!  I know that 80% off weight loss and how you look is nutrition and the food you put in your body.  Why can't I get that?

This morning was my long run day.  I did 6.2 miles and felt really good.  The first couple miles were tough.  My front leg muscles (forgot the technical name for it) started cramping up and so they were tight till about 3 miles then I was feeling pretty good!  Rocked out the rest and recovered quickly.  I think I go in to sort of like a trance because when I was thinking about my run later in the day I have a hard time remembering details.

So anyway, I do my run, take the dog on a walk and change clothes after showering.  The compression type shorts I wear have a tag sewn in so that rubbed during my run so I was looking at it in the mirror with these knit pants on and I was like WHOA...............Dang!  Then I turn to the side and I'm like "you are a fat pig"!  Really.......I look at myself in the mirror and am so disappointed.  I just ran 6.2 miles and have been running for 4 months and this is what I look like?????  WTF!  My first feeling was 'give up'.....it's too much work to make it be like this.....why bother.  But then I also tried to realize that it won't happen in a day BUT mostly I finally started thinking about how the food I was eating (really crappy and tooo much) was the real issue.  So today when I was tempted with things food wise, I said to myself, You are what you eat.  It makes me stop and think a little and remember that image looking back at me.  Why do I go thru all the effort and work to run like I do and then put terrible things for me in my mouth???

My hope and prayer is that this phrase will continue to mean something to me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment