Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cue the Monkees! I'm a Believer

"Now I'm a Believer"!

Yesterday I went on a disasterous run - no fuel and no water = bad run!

So this morning I made sure to take care of both of those and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  I had a 1/4th of an Arnold Sandwich Thin with a teaspoon of PB and a little bit of jelly and had a small glass of water and set out to do 3 miles.  I can't even believe how good I felt for the majority of the run.  I took a different route starting with a gradual hill and then flatness where as my other run had a lot of hills at first and I was worn out quickly then struggled the rest of the run.

I didn't make my best avg pace but it was second best by 2 seconds!!  This really set the tone for the rest of my morning and felt so good!

Just got a new book.....
Thanks Amazon for the image!
I am not far at all in it but one thing the author did mention is 'are you willing to change something, not everything' and this spoke to me because I always feel like I am changing EVERYTHING and sacrificing so much just to eat better.  One of the biggest things for me - the bingeing - if I could not do that it would be half the battle!
My goal is to in the next few days brainstorm about things that I can change.  They gave an example of:
No fast food     -      get a kids meal
So instead of being really strict and saying NO fast food you can have a kids meal which would be less calories and fat. 
I like that way of thinking.  I need to make changes and this seems do-able for me.

Food today:
Breakfast:
     1/3 c oatmeal made with soy milk and water, topped with pumpkin butter, almond butter, almond slivers and granola.
     Iced coffee with almond milk
Lunch:
     Egg salad (made with vegan mayo and grey poupon) on sprouted grain bread with lots of spinach. 
     6 carrot sticks
Snack:
     Mini loaf of carrot cake with pumpkin spice cream cheese
     Piece of pumpkin bread with cream cheese
     2 pc of dark chocolate
Not sure about dinner yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment