Thursday, November 25, 2010

First Annual Palmyra Turkey Trot

FOR ONE!!!!  

And I was the WINNER!!  With a time of 32:14.  Not my best ever time but I did it!  It was cold and a little windy but I did it.  Even took the dog on the first ever Thanksgiving Dog Trot!  He needed his walk and it was so cold that I just decided to run most of it rather than walk it.

Did all my baking last night -

I am responsible for the dressing - a special family dressing made with canned biscuits - hence the large red bowl filled with them setting out to 'dry out' a bit.  And rolls - all the foil wrapped packages.  I also have to take something to munch on before lunch and I tried to chose things that were healthier.  Fruit with the dip and veggies with dip and whole grain Doritos with a great corn salsa we got at Trader Joes.

Not overeating is going to be my goal!!  Easier said than done but I am going to try and load up on the veggies as much as possible before the other carby things.

Yesterday between baking I needed to make a couple thank you cards for gifts I received for my birthday so I did that between baking and then decided I was having so much fun doing it that I continued on.  These are the two thank you's I made. 


Made a great recipe for Pumpkin Bread - made 2 loafs and they were gone in a couple days!  The boys loved it!!!



Happy Thanksgiving - I have so many things to be thankful for I can hardly begin to list them.  Mainly, I am thankful Danny and I still have all our parents still with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment