Friday, November 19, 2010

Late to the Party!

In the words of Sam Seabourne (West Wing - our all time favorite show) "Let's forget the fact that you are coming a little late to the party and embrace the fact that you showed up at all"!

I have been hearing for WEEKS how wonderful pumpkin is - and I have made a few things with pumpkin (these were delicious and I actually made them vegan unintentionally - forgot the eggs!)



and am stockpiling it like all the other food bloggers are




But had yet to try Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter which I have been hearing about non-stop for all these weeks.


So I was in St Louis, the closest TJ's to me now that I am in the sticks so I decided to put it on the list.  Didn't dig into it till I finished the homemade Apple Butter I bought at Taste of Palmyra.  My husband has a way of making a big deal about me not finishing things that I buy, so I was determined to not break into the TJ's Pumpkin Butter till I finished the other.  Well, I finished the apple butter yesterday with my oatmeal and was excited to break out the new butter this morning.

I love it!!!!!  I can taste what all the hype was about!  I think I will only be doing Pumpkin Butter from now on.

So I'm embracing the fact that I came to the party at all!!!  And I'm glad I made it!

Activity today:
2 miles running 20:24 - not my fastest time but did feel pretty good - temp 32 degrees!
Tomorrow starts the Booty Challenge!!

Food Today:
B-fast:
1/3 cup oatmeal with granola, almonds, Quaker Oat Squares, Pumpkin Butter and Almond Butter
Lunch:
Cream of Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup (leftover from last nite and AWESOME), small tortilla wrap with Almond Butter and apple slices, carrots
2 TJ's Oatmeal/Cranberry Dunkers

No comments:

Post a Comment