Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday stuff

After letting my knee rest since Thursday I decided to try my knee on a long run this morning.  It was the end of Daylight Savings so we got an extra hour sleep but it didn't do me much good because I was wide awake at 5:19am!!  Got up, ate something and iced knee and let the food settle and the sun come up.  Dressed and headed out for my run around 6:45.  Windy from the south so that was a bit of a challenge at times.  Just started running and had my new Forerunner so could just run and it would tell me how far I had gone.  Took a new route and made it up as I went.  Right lower leg tight for the first couple miles but like it usually does, it worked itself out.
Actually ran 7 miles!!!!
Took me 1 hour and 16 minutes.  Slow but like I said I had wind issues and I'm slower than dirt anyway!!  I had also told myself to just go out and have fun and don't push too hard because of my knee and not being sure how it would react.  It actually felt okay....it was getting tired when I was done tho but not a lot of residual pain tho.  Iced it when I got home.  Haven't figured out how to get my avg pace or what my laps were.  I'll be working on that.
Food log:
Before run - half a sandwich thin with natural PB and banana.
After run - 1/2 cup of oatmeal with almond butter, apple butter, chia seeds, granola and small sunflower cookie
Lunch - 1cup of Dad's slaw, and 1/2 cup of Yager green beans
             Dessert LF yogurt with 1/8 c of granola and 2 small TJoe's cookies
             3 small TJoe's cookies again......
Did yard work from noon till about 2:30.  Mowing, raking, picking up acorns.  Hardwork!!!

Not sure about dinner.....have some veggie chili that I will probably have.
Doing okay so far with food I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment