Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hamster Town!

We got out new car today - a Kia Soul - you know the one with the hamsters rockin out.  I posted the video separately because frankly.......I don't know how to do it any other way!!


It has some really neat options:
     Bluetooth - Handsfree  Once you have your cell phone paired with it, it recognizes it as soon as you get in the car and everything is hands free!!!  LOVE IT.
     Sun/Moon Roof   Had this before in another car and really liked it.  It just makes the inside brighter!
     Sirius Satellite Radio  FREE for 3 months so I cancelled my current service and will start it up again when the introductory period is over!  Siruis radio is the way to go for me.  I don't listen to a ton of channels but really enjoy Hits1, The Pulse, NPR (my husband can't stand that!).  Holiday channels were fun over Christmas time.
     And many more small things that makes driving more enjoyable.
Loving the color name.....Java! 



Other GREAT things about this transaction.......
     $100+ dollars LESS of a car payment!
     30+ miles to the gallon so approx $500 savings for the year in gas. Woo Hoo!
How maybe I can stay on sabbatical alittle longer!

Food Talk:

Breakfast:
     1/3 c oatmeal with the usual fixins
Lunch:
     McDonalds Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
Snack:
     Several Reduced Fat Wheat Thins

Didn't get in a good lunch because it took sooooo long at the dealership.  Mainly because our bluetooth 'lady' in the car spoke French and as much as I would love to know French it wasn't going to work so that stumped them for a while on how to change it back to English.....about 45 minutes!  Didn't get a chance to eat lunch till about 2:30 and hubbie wanted to eat something before heading back to work so stopped at McDonald's and since I don't eat meat and am trying not to eat fried stuff, I had the parfait to take the hunger off.  It worked.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment