Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Foot in Front of the Other

I just finished my workout today and it was pretty good if I do say so myself!  Went to visit Mom and Dad today so didn't get home till almost 4pm.  REALLY didn't want to workout but told myself to just DO IT!  Decided I would run a mile at a faster than normal pace......set it at 10:20 which I usually run about 11:15 so that's quite a bit faster.  Put my tunes in my ears and took off.  Told myself not to look down till I had listened to at least 4 songs....well, when I looked down I was past a mile!!  Feeling pretty good I thought, what the heck, just go on to 2 miles.  And I did it!!  

Just goes to show the power of just putting one foot in front of the other and just getting started.  SOOOO many times I really don't want to workout but I force myself to just go get started, usually telling myself, just go for a while, do the best you can then you can stop.  I always end up going farther than if I said "You are going to run for a hour on the treadmill whether you like it or not!!"  Obviously a mental thing for me.  I can do so much more than I ever think I can!!!

After the 2 miles I did Level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  It was a kick butt workout after doing 2 miles already.  I can tell some differences already so I will definitely keep it up!

Let's talk food:

Dinner last nite:
      1 cup Broccoli Asian Slaw
      1 container LowFat vanilla yogurt with a little granola

Breakfast:
      Usual - Oatmeal
Lunch:
      Cracker Barrell with Mom and Dad
      Veggie plate.....green beans, pinto beans, mashed potatoes, no gravy
      Corn muffin, no butter
      Coffee with cream

I'm feeling much more in control with the food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment