Friday, January 7, 2011

Pumpkin Butter - in the sticks

I LOVE this Pumpkin Butter from Trader Joe's!
But unfortunately I live in the sticks now and it's an hour and a half away.  So only when I am in 'the big city' can I go by and get it.  It's pretty cheap as far as I'm concerned so I usually buy 3-4 jars but I go thru it pretty quickly because I really enjoy it mixed into my morning oatmeal!  Gives it just the right amount of sweetness.  I have been meaning to try a recipe I found on this site for a while and finally found the time today.



Pumpkin Butter
3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree or 1 29 oz can
2 t vanilla extract
3/4 c apple cider or juice
1 c packed brown sugar
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1-2 t pumpkin pie spice



Combine all ingredients into a large sauce pan.


Stir well.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer 30-40 minutes.



It is done once you run your spoon thru the center and it does not collapse on itself.
Cool then put in containers to store.  Refridgerate.

Can't wait to try it with my oatmeal in the morning.

Talking food:

Breakfast:
     2 farm fresh eggs - scrambled (I was making fun of the sticks but this is one plus, we get them from a guy at hubbie's work)  Was feeling like protein this morning.
     Earth Grains 100 calorie multi grain sandwich round with a little bit of butter.

Lunch:
     PB&J on Earth Grains Multi Grain sandwich round.
     handful of baked tostitos
     small square of dark chocolate





No comments:

Post a Comment