Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kicking Butt

I just finished letting Jillian kick my butt with the 30 day Shred.  I have been doing Level 1 for a week, and it's been off and on with running on days when I don't do the Shred.  I knew I needed some strength training because I had done those 2 days of running only so decided I would do both Level 1 AND Level 2.  I did ok......of course some of the moves are harder than others for me.  I have zero upper body strength so it was HARD at first but is getting better each time.  I definitely got a workout, heart pumping and muscles screaming!  Total of 40 minutes.
I would highly recommend it.  Have a hard time believing you can lose 20 lbs in a month without starving yourself but I do think it's a good workout that will get you results on toning.
Talking food:

Dinner last night:
     Again it was something quick....son and hubbie had basketball practice which I attend as well.  It's Upwards which is a Christian based program so there is a devotion time half way thru the practice.  Hubbie feels more comfortable with me doing that but he jumps in quite a bit and would be just fine doing it on his own.  So that meant we needed to head out the door pretty quick.

I had my go to favorite right now.....


    Spinach and Artichoke Sabra Hummus wrap which includes 2 T of hummus, romaine lettuce one a small tortilla.  LOVE it!  The flavor is awesome!
    1/2 c fat free cottage cheese.

Ditto the above for lunch today too.  I'm addicted, what can I say.

Breakfast this morning:
     Usual......oatmeal with the usual fixings.

I read in a summary of this book that you should eat the same meals over and over for max weight loss.  My problem is after I finish several tubs of this hummus I'll hate it so much I won't ever be able to look at it again!! LOL

Here's the comment from here:

Five rules for cutting body fat:  (According to 'The 4 Hour Body')
1. Avoid "white" carbohydrates    Been trying to do this2. Eat the same few meals over and over again   Doing this too, maybe not on purpose.3. Don't drink calories  I very seldom do this, Diet Coke-aholic
4. Don't eat fruit   Had tried to start eating more fruit, but will stop for a while now
5. Take one day off per week  Not sure if I can do this because if I jump off the wagon, I can't get back on. But I do rest one day from exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment