Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

That's going to take a while to get used to writing! 

Do I have resolutions?  I'm kind of like some people who think they are worthless and are just waiting to be broken.  My problem most of the time is that I FORGET about them.  I forget that I wanted to lose 30 lbs (that's pretty significant! LOL), that I was going to read more books than I read last year, that I wanted to find a new job, that I wanted to be more organized, that I wanted to take a photo a day for the entire year (that one actually lasted till March!).

So maybe this year I will just try to have 'priorities'
Contentment - my goal for this year or priority is to work toward being happy where I am, in the moment.  I will turn 50 this year (can not believe it) and I have lived well more than half my life and I need to stop waiting for life to become more perfect 'tomorrow'.  What a waste of my life - constantly thinking a time in the future will be better than now. It's never true.  Live now, enjoy now, don't have regrets about the past....it's done over with and you can't change it so let it go......Don't be scared about the future and what being 50 will hold, embrace what you have and enjoy every second. 

Do things that put me out of my comfort zone.  You grow when this happens, even if it's tough.

Run Faster - I started running this summer and enjoy it but get frustrated with my speed or LACK of!  Today it dawned on me that all the people I know that are faster are way thinner than I am.  If I want to gain speed and run a 2:00 half marathon I need to lose about 30 lbs.  I need to lose those pounds for health reasons too but I think I would be stunned how much faster I could run if I wasn't lugging all this extra poundage around.  If I think about it......I would be exhausted if I carried a 30 lb sack with me when I was running and how much lighter I would feel if I dropped it!  So I will try to be healthier in my food choices and refine my portions.

Here's to a wonderful 2011 focusing on enjoying it more rather than looking for the next day to bring more happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment