Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Job Love

I just finished watching Oprah's Season 25 - Behind the Scenes on the new OWN network.
It made me want to cry at the end!  Now, sometimes Oprah makes me crazy....she talks over guests, plays like she knows it all and won't let them talk, her 'excitement scream' is beyond annoying BUT this show was great!  Seeing what goes on behind the scenes was very interesting and I had to admire all these women (and it is heavy on women working there.....I'm guessing probably 90%) who work there, put in zillions of hours, and LOVE what they do.  This behind the scenes look talks about how many hours they work and how families can take the back burner but they are absolutely devoted to doing a great job.


I'm jealous!  I can honestly say I have never had a job that I loved that much.  Yes, I have had MANY jobs that required those crazy hours but I never loved them or got the satisfaction they obviously do from producing these shows and working so hard.  Now, I am not nyeve ( I know that spelling is not right but I'm having a brain freeze - just sound it out!) enough to think they were not showing how it is all the time.  They didn't show the 'failures' or disappointments and I know that probably happens often but the joy and happiness of pulling that season 25 premier off was over the top.  They were crying from happiness and it made me want to cry with happiness with them.

I have been on 'sabbatical' since June when we moved to our new town.  Fortunately my husband's new job allows me to not have to rush out and find something but more importantly it is going to give the luxury of changing what I do for a living because I won't need to be making the kind of money I did before.  It's been 6 months and I have to say I am getting slightly bored.....yeah, never thought I would say that.  This show I watched today makes me want to have a job that I jump up and down and WANT to give 110%.  Problem is......I don't know what that is.  And I have no clue how to figure it out.  I had what I thought was a great interview for a job that was a major step down but that's what I wanted.  Didn't get it.  Hubbie thinks they didn't go for me because I was overqualified....and being someone who used to hire people I understand that but I thought I did a pretty good job of trying to address that in the interview.  Obviously, it wasn't the right job for me but I have to say I was very disappointed.

I need to figure out what I could LOVE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment